Blog Post #3
Is the internet telling us the truth???
I hope the internet is telling me the truth because i tend to believe what the internet says... sometimes, not all the time. In my opinion, i don't think we should be believing everything the internet says. Sometimes it could say the truth or maybe it could be telling us a lie.
Everywhere in the internet is talking about the Powerball and the lottery that is worth 1.3 billion!! Everyone in the states is going crazy about how much the prize is when you get the winning ticket. If you take a look at this meme, it tells us that everyone will receive 4.3 million. Hm.. does this sound right? For a second, I was thinking oh wow everyone gets 4.3 million but after thinking about the whole math problem... Im pretty sure that math is wrong. I'm no math genius but I'm smart enough to think that, that math is wrong.
So would you believe that the internet could be wrong at most times? I now believe that the internet could be wrong at sometimes. Memes we see on the internet could be fake or not real. You shouldn't be thinking that just by looking at memes, will give you the right information you want to know. This meme is probably all over the world now, how many people would you believe this? I think many people believed in this meme. But if you really think about it, you wouldn't believe it now would you?
Think about it....
These days, people will believe whatever they see on the internet because they go viral. We should be more careful.
ReplyDeleteI try not to believe everything the internet tells me. It's just a good exercise in awareness in general. After all, nobody wants to be gullible! Thinking critically is really important, and it's a skill that stays with us throughout our lives. It doesn't only apply to the Internet, but to the world around us - in fact, it's an important survival skill. So no, I don't really believe what the internet tells me - not because I'm bitter and cynical, but because it's safer not to!
ReplyDelete